Christ Church - Long Hanborough
Main Road, Long Hanborough, OX29 8LP, Oxfordshire
Christ Church was designed by E.H.L. Barker and was built in 1893 on the north side of the main road that runs through Long Hanborough (now known as the A4095).
Until the late 18th century, St Peter and St Paul in Church Hanborough was the only place of worship. By the 1890s it was realised that dwindling congregations were partly due to the need to walk from Long Hanborough. So to deal with this, the resident rector had a "mission church" build - and so Christ Church came into existence.
SUNDAY SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
Our usual pattern of services is:
10am Service of Morning Prayer with hymns - Every 3rd Sunday of the month
6pm Services (BCP Holy Communion, Evening Prayer, or Compline) are held most Sundays